Sunday, December 31, 2006

The unique principle

The mind in truth - is only the thought I
Whence, therefore, does this I thought
Have its birth?

For this is truly the Infinite Self
This is eternally the true import of the term I

For in the deepest sleep - we do not cease to be ...
We still exist

Even though here - there is no sense of I
As I am Pure Existence

I am not the body - nor the senses - mind nor life ...
As there is not another consciousness
To know Existence

It must follow that Existence
Must itself be Consciousness

So we ourselves are this same consciousness
In the real nature - as Existence

Both Creatures and the Creator are the same ...
The unique Principle...

Realization of the Self alone
Eliminating all its attributes...

Is God realization of a truth ...
That shines forth as the Self

To be the Self
That is to know the Self

As there is no duality in Self
This is the state of absolutely 'Being

If one can only realize at Heart
'What' one's true nature is

One then will find that it is infinite Wisdom
Truth and bliss

Without beginning - and without an end

- Shri Ramana Maharshi, posted to Mystic_Spirit
Nondual Highlights 2685