Saturday, December 31, 2005

Pointing beyond concepts

Q. I enjoyed your book...you say within it that Oneness is prior to the sense of beingness...I heard of that already from Karl Renz,a German teacher...is this concept very helpful?? It is an interesting concept, but in my direct experience, I only hold into this sense of beingness prior to the thought I AM...isn't it just a story to say that there is a beyond to the beyond??...I AM this presence awareness, should be something more than that?? Thanks for your answer...


John Greven. The words that, the One is prior to the sense of beingness, - are like any other words, they are just pointers. Forget the words and see what is being pointed to. They are pointing to the non-conceptual nature of what you already are. They are an encouragement to drop the labels or concepts about what you are.

The idea that “I” am awareness or that “I” am beingness prior to thought - is too much, yet they are good pointers. See that all of that is just an appearance to a supreme - non-conceptual subject! The pointers alone are something that the mind can grab onto. This is why there is discussion about them. Even the sense that “I am” is too much, as the mind will cling to that.

Holding on to a sense of beingness, prior to the thought I Am - is still, someone seemingly holding on to something.

Is it a story to say there is a beyond to the beyond? It is all a story until the story ends. Then, the story goes on in what you are - just as it is now.

http://www.onenessjustthat.com/oneness_qa/0001.htm